Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Celebrating Mandy's 30th in HHI


Katie and I attempted to surprise Mandy by a girl's weekend in Hilton Head. We got our wires crossed a few times and she ended up figuring it out, so the surprise was not so surprising, but we did manage to keep the weekends activities a secret! Mandy and I arrived on Friday night to Kate fixing boiled shrimp, homemade guacamole and Thomas salad (if you have never had it, look in GA on my Menu... our Godmother's recipe! Yumm!). We enjoyed dinner with Kate's sweet roommate Jean and then played a great game called Times Up! We woke up bright and early Saturday and headed to the Hilton for massages and mimosas. What a great way to relax! Then we did what girl's are suppose to do on a girl's weekend... SHOPPING! After massages, shopping and naps we headed to dinner at a great place on the water. Crab cakes, shrimp and grits and salmon... more yum! Sunday morning we went to Kate's favorite brunch place, Sunrise, and enjoyed mimosas, bloody mary's and some delicious breakfast! Then we headed to the beach. It was so weird to spend 5 hours on the beach without kids! I read a magazine and just relaxed- no sandcastle building or fetching water... crazy! I think that Mandy had a nice weekend. It was so fun to be able to spend such quality time with my sisters. I love them both so much and miss having them near (although Mandy has just moved back to Marietta and I am so excited to have her back home!!)

3 comments:

Lou Lou said...

now you've got me curious about this Thomas Salad. Is Georgia on my Menu one of your past blog posts? Looks like you all had a fun weekend. 5 hours of laying out... I can't imagine!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a blast! I bet you are happy that Mandy is home.. I dont know what I would do if my sister didn't live near me.

God - where does the time go? Mandy and Beth are THIRTY! We're THIRTY TWO! I can remember us in Jr high.. it doesn't seem that long ago...

Melanie said...

5 whole hours on the beach without kids?? WOW--I'm jealous! Sounds like you girls had fun!!