Thursday, January 12, 2012

Texas Bound!

Well...  It has only been 19 months since my last blog post...  better late than never!  I figured that now is as good a time as any to get this thing back up and running again, especially since our family and friends are a few states away.
We've been here for almost 2 weeks now and things are going very well.  Mom and Dad made the ride across Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and into Texas with us.  Having them here for the first week was awesome!  We were able to get so much stuff done around the house.  I am pretty sure that if they had not been here we would be sitting on boxes all over this place, but instead, everything is unpacked, put away in it's place, hung on the wall, and ready for us to enjoy!  I don't think they will every know how grateful we are for their help.
Thad is LOVING his job.  It has been so awesome to have him home every night.  Most nights he has been home by 5:15 (one day he was home at 3:45 and I almost had a heart attack because I was sure someone was breaking into our house!).  The 6 mile commute is making for one happy daddy/husband!  The work environment at this new job is so different (good different) than his old job and it really shows.
Will is enjoying his new school.  He is such an adaptable kid which is a great gift.  His mind does not stop though, which is exhausting (especially for those of us who are having to answer his 642 questions per day).  He stayed up until midnight Monday night to watch Alabama win the National Championship.  If you would like a play by play, just ask him...he will give it to you with crazy accuracy!
Annie Gray started at her new preschool yesterday and did great!  She walked right in and wasn't going to look back... her teacher had to ask her to come and give me a goodbye kiss.  This was such a relief... We were sure that she was going to have a very hard time with the changes.  I guess this was just another proof that God's hand is covering us every step of the way!
Stinker pants is just that... a stinker pants.  He is testing me constantly, which I love and drives me crazy at the same time  As I type this, he is smooshing Fruit Loops into the carpet and proclaiming, "a MESS!!" I am pretty sure if he would sleep through the night things would be a lot easier!  It is hard to believe that he will be 2 next month.  The last blog entry is about his time in the hospital.  Thankfully, God helps us to forget those moments that are so difficult while we are living them.
That is one thing that comforts me during this move.  God's conformations have been amazing and with us every step of the way.  As much as we will (and already do) miss our friends and family, we know that His plan is much greater than ours and that the things He has in store for us here are beyond our wildest dreams!  Thank you, to all of you who have encouraged us and prayed for us along the way (keep 'em coming!)
Now... my goal is to keep this blog updated in 2012 (and I don't mean just this once), but I need your help, encouragement and reminders!!

4 comments:

AEMcPherson said...

Yay!! The blog is back! I am so happy things are going so well for y'all...I know God is taking care of y'all.

Garrett said...

Awesome! Thanks for doing this. Makes u feel closer!

Lou Lou said...

Looking forward to keeping up with you guys on the blog!

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.